By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sporting TribuneSporting TribuneSporting Tribune
  • Home
  • Football
  • Foreign Leagues
  • Local Leagues
  • Nigerian Sports
  • Transfers
  • Off-Pitch
  • Other Sports
Reading: Fernandez to miss Man City clash despite apology — Rosenior
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Sporting TribuneSporting Tribune
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Football
  • Foreign Leagues
  • Local Leagues
  • Nigerian Sports
  • Transfers
  • Off-Pitch
  • Other Sports
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
EPL

Fernandez to miss Man City clash despite apology — Rosenior

Femi Akinyemi
Femi Akinyemi
April 10, 2026
Share
Enzo Fernandez
SHARE

Chelsea head coach, Liam Rosenior says Enzo Fernandez will remain unavailable for the upcoming home match against Manchester City despite apologising for recent comments about Madrid.

Fernandez was handed a two-match internal ban by the club last week after he gave an interview during the international break in which he expressed his admiration for the city of Madrid.

The Argentine has repeatedly been linked with a move to La Liga club Real Madrid.

His agent, Javier Pastore, said this week that “we cleared the air” with Chelsea after Fernandez missed last Saturday’s 7-0 FA Cup victory against Port Vale, and had hoped that the ban would be reduced to one match.

However, Rosenior says Fernandez will miss Sunday’s Premier League fixture against Manchester City as Chelsea have decided to stick to their original punishment, despite the Argentine apologising for his comments.

“I had three or four [conversations] with Enzo,” said Rosenior.

ALSO READ: Chelsea drop Fernandez for two games after ‘crossing a line’

“He’s apologised to me, he’s apologised to the club, and we’ll deal with that after a massive game on Sunday.

“It was a serious meeting about something very serious. I’m not questioning Enzo’s character or who he is as a person. We’ve made a sanction, we made a decision – I made a decision – and what I want for Enzo is for him to come here and have an outstanding career.”

Chelsea are sixth in the Premier League, one point behind Liverpool, who occupy the fifth and final Champions League qualification position.

Rosenior insisted he was not “shooting myself in the foot” by suspending Rosenior and said there were “hurdles” to overcome in order for the midfielder to return to action.

“He won’t play on Sunday, but hopefully after that he’ll be a massive part of the group moving forward,” Rosenior added.

“There are still a few hurdles to be overcome that I won’t go into, but at the same time, I want every player really focused on a huge run.”

Lille announce Anelka arrival
I have ‘no problems’ with Lingard -Rangnick
Iheanacho rescues point for Guardiola’s men
Guendogan adds to Man City’s injury list
Liverpool release home kit for next season
TAGGED:Enzo FernandezLiam Rosenior
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article Vitor Pereira Pereira urges Premier League to ease schedule for European clubs
Next Article Flamingos U-17 Women’s World Cup: Busari invites 36 players to camp
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

about us

Sporting Tribune delivers insightful analysis, expert commentary, and exclusive features from the world of sports. Dive deeper into the game..

© 2026 African Newspapers of Nigeria Plc. All Rights Reserved.
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?