August 26, 2019

Dortmund confirm €32m Diallo deal with PSG

July 16, 2019
Abdou Diallo

Abdou Diallo is close to joining Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) in a €32 million (£29m/$36m) move, Borussia Dortmund sporting director, Michael Zorc has confirmed.

Centre-back Diallo joined Dortmund from Mainz last year in a deal said to be worth €28m and made 28 Bundesliga appearances as Lucien Favre’s men finished second, but it looks set to be his only campaign at the club.

A Monaco youth product, Diallo had been strongly linked with a return to France with Lyon, but PSG have moved to the front of the queue since their interest became known – as revealed by Goal.

ALSO READ:  Lampard: We want Hudson-Odoi to stay

The 23-year-old, a former France Under-21 international, had enjoyed a solid campaign with Dortmund, but Zorc accepts the deal suits them as much as the player.

When asked by Ruhr Nachrichten if Diallo was departing, Zorc said: “That has turned out so.

“Abdou has decided that he wants to take on another challenge and for us it was a good fit, so we agreed to the change.”

Diallo will further bolster PSG’s centre-back options as the club look to the future, with the Frenchman joining Marquinhos, Thilo Kehrer and Presnel Kimpembe as central defensive options who are all 25 or younger.

After Pablo Sarabia and Ander Herrera, Diallo will be the third new addition to PSG’s first-team squad for next season.

While the Ligue 1 champions are working hard to being in reinforcements, it is exit talk which continues to dominate in the French capital.

Speculation suggesting that Neymar is destined to leave the club in the current transfer window refuses to go away.

ALSO READ:  Kompany urges City to target Champions League glory

The Brazil international forward is pushing for a move after two seasons in Paris.

A return to Barcelona has been mooted for the 27-year-old, but discussions are proving tricky.

Sources close to a long-running saga have suggested that PSG will only sanction the sale of Neymar if they recoup the €222m (£200m/$249m) they paid for him in 2017.

As things stand, Barca are yet to agree to those terms.

It has been reported that they have presented an offer which includes a much lower transfer fee, with the Liga giants attempting to sweeten the deal by offering Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele in part-exchange.

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
%d bloggers like this: