January 24, 2021

Joshua forced into Saudi rematch ―Andy Ruiz

September 24, 2019
Andy Ruiz Jr (left) with Anthony Joshua

Unified heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz Jr believes Anthony Joshua was forced into an immediate rematch with him after losing his IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight titles in New York in June.

The Mexican-American dropped Joshua four times at Madison Square Garden before stopping him in the seventh round.

Ruiz Jr is now set to defend his titles against the Brit in Saudi Arabia on December 7.

“They’re forcing him to go straight to the rematch,” said Ruiz Jr in a training video showing him hit the pads with trainer Manny Robles.

“I think he wanted to do something a little different, to go through a different route and then face me.

ALSO READ:  Rooney’s incredible £20m Cheshire mansion is nearly complete

“But it is what it is, we’re fighting in Saudi Arabia and I’m excited.”

The 29-year-old embarked on a three city, three country media tour with Joshua earlier this month that took in Diriyah, New York and London.

Ruiz Jr said he sensed Joshua still has doubts about the rematch following the way he was manhandled in the first bout.

“We all have doubts, but it’s our choice to overcome them,” Ruiz Jr said.

“I got that vibe off him. His eyes are focused and all that. But deep inside we don’t know what he’s really thinking.”

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
%d bloggers like this: