June 10, 2023

3SC losing N5bn annually —Fayose

September 4, 2016

THE Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Anis Security Guards and former security provider to Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC), Ibadan, Mr Isaac Fayose has disclosed that the Oluyole Warriors is losing up to N5billion in terms of untapped revenue from base like merchandise which should accrue to the club every year.

Mr Fayose made this known while speaking with journalists in Ibadan over  the weekend that the club does not need the meagre government monthly allocation to survive.

According to Fayose who once through his security outfit; ANIS signed a deal with the 3SC on ticket sales and security, which lasted one season noted that “a Turkish friend and 3SC fan in Turkey had also signified interest in taking over the ownership of the club in the past but some people said it was ‘Ibadan property.’

“The club would only grow outside government control. Let me tell you, the foreign clubs are run by investors and supporters. In 2004, I proposed to buy 51 percent stake in 3SC for business purpose because I believe the club possess the quality to invest in, but I was told to drop the idea.

“`We patronise Arsenal FC, Manchester United FC by buying their  t-shirts, bags, jerseys and other souvenirs . I don’t think I have ever come across such thing in 3sc household. The club is supposed to be making nothing less than five billion naira annually from the entire merchandising aspect if effectively and efficiently harnessed.

The younger brother of Ekiti state governor, Governor Ayodele Fayose said while his contract with 3Sc was on and was handling ticket sales as well as the  security management at the stadium, which lasted one year, he had 40 percent from the proceeds of the sales of the ticket at the gate during the time of the contract, while 3SC got the remaining 60 percent.

Recalling how he brought private initiative to the operation, Fayose said, “I brought CCTV cameras, security dogs and other security gadgets to the stadium. We left after a year due to constant fight between Anis Guards and supporters, who never wanted to pay.”

He blamed the poor financial base of the club on 3SC management, who he said always bring into the stadium several people without payment.

Fayose then called on the referees to always be fair in their officiating, and also urged the League Management Committee (LMC) to be more committed to moving Nigerian league to greater heights.

%d bloggers like this: