By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sporting TribuneSporting TribuneSporting Tribune
  • Home
  • Football
  • Foreign Leagues
  • Local Leagues
  • Nigerian Sports
  • Transfers
  • Off-Pitch
  • Other Sports
Reading: NASCAR legend, Kyle Busch, dies at 41
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Sporting TribuneSporting Tribune
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Football
  • Foreign Leagues
  • Local Leagues
  • Nigerian Sports
  • Transfers
  • Off-Pitch
  • Other Sports
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
World Sports

NASCAR legend, Kyle Busch, dies at 41

Sporting Tribune
Sporting Tribune
May 22, 2026
Share
Kyle Busch
SHARE

Two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Busch has died, aged 41.

The sudden passing of the NASCAR legend, who was ninth on the circuit’s all-time win list, was announced in a joint statement on Thursday by the Busch family, Richard Childress Racing and NASCAR.

They did not share a cause of death. Busch’s representatives had said earlier on Thursday that he had been sent to the hospital with a severe illness.

“A future Hall of Famer, Kyle was a rare talent, one who comes along once in a generation,” the statement reads. “He was fierce, he was passionate, he was immensely skilled, and he cared deeply about the sport and fans. … Nascar lost a giant of the sport today, far too soon.”

At the time of his death, Busch was in his 22nd full-time season in Nascar’s top division, where he had won two Cup Series titles and 63 races.

“Throughout a career that spanned more than two decades, Kyle set records in national series wins, won championships at NASCAR’s highest level and fostered the next generation of drivers as an owner in the Truck Series,” the statement said.

“His sharp wit and competitive spirit sparked a deep emotional connection with race fans of every age, creating the proud and loyal ‘Rowdy Nation.'”

Busch was scheduled to compete at the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway over the upcoming holiday weekend in the United States.

Earlier on Thursday, Busch’s family said in a statement that he was in the hospital due to a severe illness.

He was undergoing treatment, they said, and would not compete in any of his scheduled activities over the coming weekend.

The announcement of his death came hours later.

Busch is survived by his parents, his wife, and two young children.

(BBC)

McClaren recalls Tiote’s ‘beautiful smile’
David Silva retire from int’l football
2025 World Para Powerlifting: Ferdinand strikes gold as Nigeria shines in Cairo
NSC confirms pre-games camp for Team Nigeria ahead of 2026 Commonwealth Games
Mandzukic retires from international football
TAGGED:Kyle BuschNASCAR
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article EPL EPL preview: Prediction for matchday 38 
Next Article Formula One cars Formula 1: Russell aiming to put ‘turbulent’ start behind him
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

about us

Sporting Tribune delivers insightful analysis, expert commentary, and exclusive features from the world of sports. Dive deeper into the game..

© 2026 African Newspapers of Nigeria Plc. All Rights Reserved.
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?