October 22, 2019

Ronaldo rape case dropped as model withdraws allegation

June 5, 2019
Mayorga
Cristiano Ronaldo and Kathryn Mayorga

A woman who accused Cristiano Ronaldo of raping her has dropped her lawsuit, according to reports.

The Juventus forward strongly denied claims he raped former model Kathryn Mayorga, 34, after meeting her in a Las Vegas nightlcub on June 13, 2009.

The case was reopened last year by Mayorga who alleged she was paid $375,000 (£295,000) to keep quiet.

ALSO READ: Ronaldo rape case lawyer meet Mayorga

But it has emerged a notice of voluntary dismissal was filed by the accuser last month at the Nevada state court, reports Bloomberg.

It is not yet known if Mayorga and Ronaldo agreed an out-of-court settlement.

In a statement earlier this year, Ronaldo’s lawyer Peter Christiansen said: “Mr Ronaldo has always maintained, as he does today, that what occurred in Las Vegas in 2009 was consensual in nature, so it is not surprising that DNA would be present, nor that the police would make this very standard request as part of their investigation.”

ALSO READ: RAPE: Agreement Ronaldo signed leaked

Ronaldo’s lawyers have said the non-disclosure agreement signed with the former model was ‘by no means a confession of guilt.’

Mayorga’s attorney previously said the model agreed to an out-of-court settlement to keep her name from going public, but was inspired to speak out by the #MeToo movement against s3xual harassment.

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
%d bloggers like this: