By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sporting TribuneSporting TribuneSporting Tribune
  • Home
  • Football
  • Foreign Leagues
  • Local Leagues
  • Nigerian Sports
  • Transfers
  • Off-Pitch
  • Other Sports
Reading: Hamilton dismisses retirement talk, confirms Ferrari future
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Sporting TribuneSporting Tribune
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Football
  • Foreign Leagues
  • Local Leagues
  • Nigerian Sports
  • Transfers
  • Off-Pitch
  • Other Sports
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
World Sports

Hamilton dismisses retirement talk, confirms Ferrari future

Femi Akinyemi
Femi Akinyemi
May 21, 2026
Share
Hamilton speaks on groundhog accident,
SHARE

Lewis Hamilton has dismissed talk of retirement and says he will remain in Formula 1 for the foreseeable future, confirming he is still contracted to Ferrari beyond the current season.

Hamilton had faced questions over his future after a difficult first campaign with Ferrari in 2025, with speculation growing that he could leave the sport at the end of this year.

But the seven-time world champion moved to clarify his position, insisting his long-term focus remains firmly in the sport.

ALSO READ: Tuchel to drop Foden, Maguire in England World Cup squad

Hamilton said, “Everything is 100% clear to me. I am still focused, still motivated, still love what I do with all my heart. I am going to be here for quite some time.

“There are a lot of people who are trying to retire me, and that is not even on my thoughts. I’m already thinking about what will be next and planning for the next five years. I still plan to be here for quite some time.”

He also confirmed for the first time that his Ferrari deal runs beyond this season.

Hamilton had previously indicated last year that his contract situation was secure through 2027, suggesting no immediate need for negotiations in 2026.

This latest statement removes any uncertainty over his short-term future with the team.

If he continues into the next phase of his career, Hamilton would remain in Formula 1 beyond his 45th birthday, a rare milestone in the modern era of the sport.

Long-time rival Fernando Alonso, who turns 45 in July, remains one of the few drivers still competing at that age, with his Aston Martin contract also up for review at the end of the season.

Hamilton endured a difficult second half of last season, at times questioning his pace and performance levels.

However, he has started this year in closer competition with Ferrari teammate Charles Leclerc, who currently leads him 5th to 3rd in the standings after the opening rounds.

Leclerc has also held a slight edge in qualifying, leading Hamilton 4-2 across all sessions, including sprint events, though the overall gap between them has remained marginal.

Nigeria submits bid to host 2031 African Games
Anthony Joshua planning to ‘go through the heavyweight division one by one’ including Tyson Fury
Nigeria makes history in Bobsleigh World Cup
Madrid boss Zidane will be next France coach, says ―Leboeuf
W/Cup qualifier: Switzerland stuns Euro champions, Portugal
TAGGED:FerrariLewis Hamiltonretirement
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article Ronaldo Ronaldo leads Al Nassr to first Saudi Pro League title since 2019
Next Article Oleksandr Usyk and Rico Verhoeven Verhoeven ‘not a normal man’ ahead of Usyk title fight — Hearn
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

about us

Sporting Tribune delivers insightful analysis, expert commentary, and exclusive features from the world of sports. Dive deeper into the game..

© 2026 African Newspapers of Nigeria Plc. All Rights Reserved.
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?